Local Turkey Phone Numbers
Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir and more - $9.95 per month*
- Choose from around 5 different local Turkey prefixes
- You can forward the calls to any phone number in the world for a low per min rate | Or use your smartphone and unlimited incoming (via VoIP)
- Use our optional phone system for call menus and special call routing features
- You'll need Photo ID/Company certificate and proof of address in Turkey in order for us to activate the line for you
- Currently SMS is not enabled for Turkey phone numbers
Use VoIP with a Turkey virtual phone number among other options
- You can use any combination of software and/or devices with your local Turkey phone number
- Core FlyNumber feature and can be updated via your panel on the "fly" (pun intended)
- No PBX or phone system involved when using this option
- Anytime our system needs to send calls to a regular phone number, there is a low per min rate
- This is optional. You can always go back to one of the other core options other (1. Regular Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- It's $14.95 a month + the price of the Turkey phone number (shown top of page)
- If you forward to a reg. phone number and/or make outgoing calls - a per min rate applies
- IVR/Voice Menu | Record Calls | On-Hold/Queue | Time-based routing | SIP Accounts | Voicemail and more
- Within the PBX, core features (1. and 3.) are expanded to a great degree
- Use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- More info on our cloud phone system
- Core FlyNumber feature - set the Turkey phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- PBX not involved | Update settings instantly | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocal (VoIP) might be the most effecnent way of answering calls, it would involve the fewset amount of "hops"
- Your Turkey FlyNumber can be used with 3CX | Asterisk | FreePBX | FreeSwitch among other VoIP solution
- There are no additional charges when receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Every FlyNumber comes with 2 incoming channels (with the ability to purchase more soon)
1. Forward the Turkey FlyNumber to any regular phone number
2. Use the FlyNumber with our hosted pbx-phone system
3. Set the Turkey virtual phone number directly to VoIP
Buy a Turkey virtual phone number in 3 easy steps
The history behind Turkish phone numbers
The history of Turkey's phone numbers can be traced back to the introduction of the first telegraph lines in the late 19th century. The Ottoman Empire established its first telegraph office in 1855, and the first telephone exchange was opened in Istanbul in 1881.
In the early days of telephony in Turkey, telephone numbers were typically four or five digits long, and subscribers were identified by their name and address. As the number of telephone users grew, longer phone numbers were introduced, and a standardized numbering plan was implemented.
In 1950, Turkey adopted a ten-digit numbering plan, with the first two digits indicating the region code, and the remaining eight digits representing the subscriber number. The region codes were based on the geographic location of the subscriber, with Istanbul being assigned the code "1" and Ankara being assigned the code "3".
Over time, the number of subscribers in Turkey continued to grow, and the country's telephone system underwent several modernization efforts. In the 1990s, Turkey introduced a mobile phone network, and mobile phone numbers were assigned their own range of prefixes.
Technical info on Turkey phone numbers
Turkish phone numbers consist of 11 digits, with the first digit representing the type of line. The first digit can be either "0" or "5". "0" represents a landline phone number, while "5" represents a mobile phone number.
Turkish phone numbers are structured in such a way that the first three digits indicate the area code or the mobile network operator code. For example, if a number starts with "212", it is likely to be located in Istanbul, while a number that starts with "532" is likely to be a mobile phone number operated by Turkcell, one of the major mobile network operators in Turkey.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Turkey phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method. This does not include Toll-free , NYC 212/718 or Toronto 416.