Local Tanzania Phone Numbers
These phone numbers are currently unavailable
The area code/prefix is not in our inventory of available numbers
- This can change but we don't usually have solid timelines on this
- Some numbers go in and out of stock more often, for example Miami 305 and San Francisco 415
- In some cases the reason for the area not being available is regulatory (as opposed to an inventory issue)
- Follow our twitter for coverage updates
Every Tanzania Phone Number Comes with Three Core Options
- 1. Route your Tanzania FlyNumber to any standard phone number
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature that can be updated "on the fly" (pun intended) via your panel
- There's no need for a PBX or phone system with this option
- Whenever our system has to route calls to a standard phone number, a minimal per minute rate applies
- 2. Pair the FlyNumber with our cloud-based PBX
- This is an optional feature. You can always revert to one of the other core options (1. Standard Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- The cost is $14.95 a month, in addition to the price of the Tanzania phone number (displayed at the top of the page)
- If you route to a standard phone number and/or make outgoing calls, a per minute rate is applicable
- Features include IVR/Voice Menu, Call Recording, On-Hold/Queue, Time-based routing, SIP Accounts, Voicemail, and more
- The PBX significantly enhances the core features (1. and 3.)
- You can use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- 3. Directly link the Tanzania virtual phone number to VoIP
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature - link the Tanzania phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- No PBX involved | Instantly update settings | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocol (VoIP) may be the most efficient way to handle calls, as it involves the least number of "hops"
- Your Tanzania FlyNumber is compatible with 3CX, Asterisk, FreePBX, FreeSwitch, and other VoIP solutions
- There are no extra charges for receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Link your Tanzania DID phone number to one of our "easy setup" voip providers
- Each FlyNumber includes 2 incoming channels (with the option to purchase more in the near future)
Forum topics on Tanzania
Recent Blog Posts
Technical info on Tanzanian phone numbers
In Tanzania, phone numbers are 10 digits long and are structured in such a way that they can identify the network provider and the region in which the number is registered. The first four digits of a Tanzanian phone number represent the network provider, while the remaining six digits indicate the unique subscriber number.
The three main network providers in Tanzania are Vodacom, Airtel, and Tigo. Vodacom is the largest network provider in Tanzania, and its phone numbers start with the digits 075 or 065. Airtel, the second-largest provider, uses the prefixes 068, 078, and 077, while Tigo's numbers begin with 071, 065, and 067.
It is important to note that Tanzania uses a closed numbering plan, which means that phone numbers cannot be ported between network providers. Additionally, mobile number portability (MNP) is not yet available in Tanzania, although it is expected to be introduced in the near future.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech-savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Tanzania phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
- Easily add multiple phone numbers to your account
- Starting at $2.95 a month for U.S numbers as well as Canada, the U.K. and others
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method.