Local Guatemala Phone Numbers
3 core options with every Guatemala phone number
- These settings can be changed anytime via your FlyNumber panel
- 1. Forward the Guatemala FlyNumber to any regular phone number
- Core FlyNumber feature and can be updated via your panel on the "fly" (pun intended)
- No PBX or phone system involved when using this option
- Anytime our system needs to send calls to a regular phone number, there is a low per min rate
- 2. Use the FlyNumber with our hosted pbx-phone system
- This is optional. You can always go back to one of the other core options other (1. Regular Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- It's $14.95 a month + the price of the Guatemala phone number (shown top of page)
- If you forward to a reg. phone number and/or make outgoing calls - a per min rate applies
- IVR/Voice Menu | Record Calls | On-Hold/Queue | Time-based routing | SIP Accounts | Voicemail and more
- Within the PBX, core features (1. and 3.) are expanded to a great degree
- Use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- 3. Set the Guatemala virtual phone number directly to VoIP
- Core FlyNumber feature - set the Guatemala phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- PBX not involved | Update settings instantly | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocal (VoIP) might be the most effecnent way of answering calls, it would involve the fewset amount of "hops"
- Your Guatemala FlyNumber can be used with 3CX | Asterisk | FreePBX | FreeSwitch among other VoIP solution
- There are no additional charges when receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Set your Guatemala DID phone number to one of our "easy setup" voip providers
- Every FlyNumber comes with 2 incoming channels (with the ability to purchase more soon)
Forum topics on Guatemala
Recent blog posts
Customize incoming caller ID for effective call management with our cloud phone system
One of the standout features of our cloud phone system is the ability to edit the caller-ID for the phone receiving the FlyNumber calls (only when using VoIP). This comes in handy when you need to distinguish between calls coming in from different phone numbers. Imagine having a UK, Canada, and US FlyNumber ringing directly […]
Celebrate all things Atlanta on 404 day – Inside Scoop
In honor of 404 Atlanta day I thought it would be a neat idea to share a rundown of the ATL and it’s well known 404 area code. It might come as a surprise to some but there’s actually “404 day” in Atlanta, on you guessed it, the 4th of April. The event has been […]
Understanding the call logs and possible responses
Here’s a quick overview of the FlyNumber logs and possible responses, this isn’t an exhaustive list but many of the responses are pretty self-explanatory. The logs are broken down into 2 main sections. 1. The core FlyNumber logs All incoming calls will always show up here, regardless of the forwarding or if you’re using our […]
Not sure how the service works?
The history behind Guatemalan phone numbers
The history of Guatemalan phone numbers dates back to the early 20th century when the country's first telecommunication system was established. The first telephone exchange in Guatemala was inaugurated in 1880 in the city of Guatemala, which was then the country's capital.
In 1922, the first dialing system was introduced in Guatemala, allowing callers to directly dial a telephone number instead of having to go through an operator. The first Guatemalan telephone numbers consisted of six digits, and the dialing system used a rotary dial.
Over time, the demand for phone numbers increased, and the number of digits in a phone number was expanded. In the 1960s, the number of digits in a Guatemalan phone number was increased to seven, and in the 1990s, it was expanded to eight digits.
Technical info on Guatemalan phone numbers
Guatemala phone numbers consist of eight digits, with the first two digits representing the area code for the region where the phone number is registered. The area codes for Guatemala City, the capital, and surrounding areas start with 2, while other regions have different codes. Mobile phone numbers in Guatemala have the same format as landline numbers, but they are assigned their own unique prefix.
When calling a phone number in Guatemala from abroad, the country code is +502, followed by the eight-digit phone number. It is important to note that some phone numbers in Guatemala may require additional dialing codes or special instructions, so it is always advisable to double-check with your service provider before making international calls.
Guatemala's phone system is managed by the Superintendency of Telecommunications, which regulates the country's telecommunications industry and ensures compliance with the law.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Guatemala phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
- Easily add multiple phone numbers to your account
- Starting at $2.95 a month for U.S numbers as well as Canada, the U.K. and others
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method.