Local Ghana Phone Numbers
Use VoIP with a Ghana virtual phone number among other options
- You can use any combination of software and/or devices with your local Ghana phone number
- Core FlyNumber feature and can be updated via your panel on the "fly" (pun intended)
- No PBX or phone system involved when using this option
- Anytime our system needs to send calls to a regular phone number, there is a low per min rate
- This is optional. You can always go back to one of the other core options other (1. Regular Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- It's $14.95 a month + the price of the Ghana phone number (shown top of page)
- If you forward to a reg. phone number and/or make outgoing calls - a per min rate applies
- IVR/Voice Menu | Record Calls | On-Hold/Queue | Time-based routing | SIP Accounts | Voicemail and more
- Within the PBX, core features (1. and 3.) are expanded to a great degree
- Use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- More info on our cloud phone system
- Core FlyNumber feature - set the Ghana phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- PBX not involved | Update settings instantly | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocal (VoIP) might be the most effecnent way of answering calls, it would involve the fewset amount of "hops"
- Your Ghana FlyNumber can be used with 3CX | Asterisk | FreePBX | FreeSwitch among other VoIP solution
- There are no additional charges when receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Every FlyNumber comes with 2 incoming channels (with the ability to purchase more soon)
1. Forward the Ghana FlyNumber to any regular phone number
2. Use the FlyNumber with our hosted pbx-phone system
3. Set the Ghana virtual phone number directly to VoIP
Buy a Ghana virtual phone number in 3 easy steps
The history behind Ghana phone numbers
The history of Ghana phone numbers dates back to the early 1990s, when the government of Ghana decided to liberalize the telecommunications sector and open it up to private investment. Prior to this, the country's telecommunications sector was state-owned and operated by the Ghana Post and Telecommunications Corporation (GPTC).
In 1991, the government established the National Communications Authority (NCA) to oversee the development and regulation of the telecommunications sector. The NCA awarded licenses to private companies to provide telecommunications services, including mobile phone services.
The first mobile phone network in Ghana was launched in 1992 by Mobitel, which was later acquired by Spacefon (now MTN Ghana). Other mobile phone networks followed, including Tigo (now AirtelTigo), Vodafone Ghana, and Glo Mobile Ghana.
Initially, mobile phone numbers in Ghana were six digits long, but in 2010, the NCA announced plans to introduce a new numbering plan that would make all phone numbers in Ghana ten digits long. This change was necessary to accommodate the growing number of mobile phone users in the country and to ensure that there were enough available phone numbers to meet demand.
The new numbering plan was implemented in 2011, and all phone numbers in Ghana were changed to ten digits. The first digit of a phone number in Ghana now indicates the network the number is registered to, with the following nine digits being the unique number assigned to each individual phone.
Technical info on Ghana phone numbers
Ghana phone numbers follow the international format of +233 followed by a nine-digit number. The first digit of the nine-digit number indicates the network provider or service type. For instance, a phone number that starts with 024 belongs to the MTN network while a number that starts with 054 belongs to the Vodafone network.
Ghana's phone numbers are regulated by the National Communications Authority (NCA) to ensure proper numbering and efficient use of the country's limited number range.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Ghana phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method. This does not include Toll-free , NYC 212/718 or Toronto 416.