Greek Virtual Phone Numbers
Athens, Heraklion and Thessaloniki - $2.95 per month*
- Make and receive Greek calls with any device (i.e. VoIP phone) or software
- You can also forward the Greek calls directly to any phone number in the world
- A popular Mediterranean country, Greek numbers are of high reliability
- If you do business in Greece, use our phone system
- OTE or Hellenic Telecommunications is the major telecom company in Greece | It has been loosing market share to smaller operators as of late
- Special Requirement: You'll need to provide us a Greek address in the city you want a number ( for example, if you need a number in Athens, you need to give us an Athens address)
Every Greece Phone Number Comes with Three Core Options
- 1. Route your Greece FlyNumber to any standard phone number
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature that can be updated "on the fly" (pun intended) via your panel
- There's no need for a PBX or phone system with this option
- Whenever our system has to route calls to a standard phone number, a minimal per minute rate applies
- 2. Pair the FlyNumber with our cloud-based PBX
- This is an optional feature. You can always revert to one of the other core options (1. Standard Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- The cost is $14.95 a month, in addition to the price of the Greece phone number (displayed at the top of the page)
- If you route to a standard phone number and/or make outgoing calls, a per minute rate is applicable
- Features include IVR/Voice Menu, Call Recording, On-Hold/Queue, Time-based routing, SIP Accounts, Voicemail, and more
- The PBX significantly enhances the core features (1. and 3.)
- You can use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- 3. Directly link the Greece virtual phone number to VoIP
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature - link the Greece phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- No PBX involved | Instantly update settings | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocol (VoIP) may be the most efficient way to handle calls, as it involves the least number of "hops"
- Your Greece FlyNumber is compatible with 3CX, Asterisk, FreePBX, FreeSwitch, and other VoIP solutions
- There are no extra charges for receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Link your Greece DID phone number to one of our "easy setup" voip providers
- Each FlyNumber includes 2 incoming channels (with the option to purchase more in the near future)
Forum topics on Greece
Recent Blog Posts
Technical info on Greek phone numbers
- Phone numbers in Greece follow a standard format and are regulated by the Hellenic Telecommunications and Post Commission (EETT).
- Country code:
- The international country code for Greece is +30.
- Area codes:
- Greek area codes vary in length from 2 to 4 digits, not including the trunk prefix '0' that is used when dialing domestically. Major cities and their area codes are as follows:
- Athens: 21
- Thessaloniki: 231
- Patras: 261
- Heraklion: 281
- Larissa: 241
- Trunk prefix:
- '0' is the trunk prefix used when dialing a Greek phone number domestically. It should be omitted when dialing from abroad.
- Subscriber numbers:
- Subscriber numbers in Greece are 6-8 digits long, depending on the area code. In major cities like Athens and Thessaloniki, subscriber numbers are typically 8 digits long, while in smaller cities and rural areas, they may be 6-7 digits long.
- Dialing format:
- When dialing a Greek phone number, the format is as follows:
- 0 + Area code + Subscriber number
- +30 + Area code (without the trunk prefix) + Subscriber number
- Mobile phone numbers:
- Mobile numbers in Greece have 10-digit numbers, starting with '6'. The first two digits denote the mobile network operator. Some common mobile phone prefixes are:
- 69: Used by most mobile network operators
- 694: Vodafone
- 697: Cosmote
- 698: Wind Hellas
- Non-geographic numbers:
- Greece also uses non-geographic numbers for various services. These numbers do not have a specific area code associated with them. Some common non-geographic numbers include:
- 800: Toll-free numbers
- 801: Shared-cost numbers
- 89: Premium-rate numbers
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech-savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Greece phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
- Easily add multiple phone numbers to your account
- Starting at $2.95 a month for U.S numbers as well as Canada, the U.K. and others
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method.