Local Iceland Phone Numbers
Use VoIP with a Iceland virtual phone number among other options
- You can use any combination of software and/or devices with your local Iceland phone number
- Core FlyNumber feature and can be updated via your panel on the "fly" (pun intended)
- No PBX or phone system involved when using this option
- Anytime our system needs to send calls to a regular phone number, there is a low per min rate
- This is optional. You can always go back to one of the other core options other (1. Regular Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- It's $14.95 a month + the price of the Iceland phone number (shown top of page)
- If you forward to a reg. phone number and/or make outgoing calls - a per min rate applies
- IVR/Voice Menu | Record Calls | On-Hold/Queue | Time-based routing | SIP Accounts | Voicemail and more
- Within the PBX, core features (1. and 3.) are expanded to a great degree
- Use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- More info on our cloud phone system
- Core FlyNumber feature - set the Iceland phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- PBX not involved | Update settings instantly | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocal (VoIP) might be the most effecnent way of answering calls, it would involve the fewset amount of "hops"
- Your Iceland FlyNumber can be used with 3CX | Asterisk | FreePBX | FreeSwitch among other VoIP solution
- There are no additional charges when receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Every FlyNumber comes with 2 incoming channels (with the ability to purchase more soon)
1. Forward the Iceland FlyNumber to any regular phone number
2. Use the FlyNumber with our hosted pbx-phone system
3. Set the Iceland virtual phone number directly to VoIP
Buy a Iceland virtual phone number in 3 easy steps
The history behind Iceland phone numbers
The history of Icelandic phone numbers dates back to the early 20th century when the country's first telephone exchange was established in Reykjavík in 1905. Initially, phone numbers were assigned using a four-digit system.
As the demand for telephone service grew, the phone numbers were expanded to a five-digit system in the 1940s. The first two digits of the phone number indicated the exchange name, and the last three digits were the subscriber's number. For example, a phone number might be listed as 22-345.
In the 1960s, the five-digit system was replaced with a six-digit system. The first two digits continued to indicate the exchange name, but the last four digits were the subscriber's number. This system remained in use until 1995 when the current seven-digit system was introduced.
Technical info on Iceland phone numbers
Iceland's phone numbers are similar to those in other countries, consisting of a country code, area code, and local number. The country code for Iceland is +354, and the area codes for different regions range from 3 to 7 digits. The format of the phone number in Iceland is generally written as +354 - area code - local number. Mobile phone numbers in Iceland usually start with the prefix 6, while landline numbers can start with any number between 4 and 9.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Iceland phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method. This does not include Toll-free , NYC 212/718 or Toronto 416.