Local Israeli Phone Numbers
Tel-Aviv, Jerusalem and (055) Mobile among others - $2.95 per month*
- Choose from around 10 different local Israeli prefixes
- Only our Israeli mobile 055 numbers support SMS
- If you use VoIP to answer the calls it's unlimited incoming and just the $2.95 a month
- Forward the Israeli calls to any regular phone number in the world
- Set the calls to any device or software - incoming and outgoing calls
- Multiple call forwarding options | Regular Phone | SIP URI | Asterisk | FreePBX | 3CX and more
- Our Israeli numbers don't require special registration
Israel Phone Number / VoIP FAQ's
What exactly is an Israeli virtual phone number?
An Israeli virtual phone number is a phone number that, while associated with the Israeli dialing code, can be used to receive calls anywhere in the world. Technically, these numbers come from the same government entity that provides phone numbers to landline and mobile companies in Israel.
The "virtual" part comes from the fact that the number is not tied to a specific location or device - you can direct calls to your virtual number to any device you choose, such as your mobile phone, office phone, or VoIP device. This allows you to have a local presence in Israel, regardless of where you or your business are actually located.
Can I use my Israeli FlyNumber to make international calls?
Yes, with our optional hosted PBX, you can use your Israeli FlyNumber to make international calls. This is particularly useful for businesses that want to present a local Israeli number to their customers, regardless of where the call is actually being made from.
How can I manage my business hours with my Israeli FlyNumber?
Our optional virtual phone system includes a feature called time-based routing. This allows you to route calls based on the time of day, so you could send calls to voicemail after hours or route calls to a different person on weekends. This can be particularly useful for managing incoming calls according to your business hours in Israel.
Can I set up an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system with my Israeli FlyNumber?
Yes, our optional virtual PBX allows you to set up an IVR system, also known as a call menu. This system allows callers to interact with your phone system via the telephone keypad, directing them to various destinations based on their keypress choices.
How does SIP forwarding work with an Israeli FlyNumber?
SIP forwarding allows you to direct calls from your Israeli FlyNumber to any SIP (URI/host). This means you can use one of our "easy setup" VoIP providers to receive calls. There are no additional charges for receiving calls this way - it's included in the $2.95 fee and offers unlimited incoming minutes. You can learn more about this on our VoIP information page.
Can I forward calls from my Israeli FlyNumber to a mobile or landline number?
Yes, you can forward calls from your Israeli FlyNumber to any mobile or landline number in the world. You can change the destination number at any time via the FlyNumber panel. More information about this can be found on our call forwarding page.
Can I receive text messages on my Israeli FlyNumber?
Yes, however it's limited to Israeli 055 Mobile numbers. We'll email you the texts as they come in, allowing you to stay connected in more ways than just voice calls.
Can I keep my existing Israeli number if I switch to FlyNumber?
Yes, you can port your current Israeli number to FlyNumber, allowing you to keep your existing number while enjoying the benefits of our services. Our team will guide you through the straightforward process. More info below.
How does FlyNumber ensure the security of my Israeli virtual phone number?
At FlyNumber, we prioritize security. One of the core features of our service is that you can forward your local virtual phone number to any regular phone number in the world, which is a step towards a more secure VoIP connection. We also have robust measures in place to combat SIP-based VoIP abuse.
While we offer the option to enable encryption on your FlyNumber for enhanced security, please note that this comes with a one-time fee. You can learn more about our security measures in our blog post on combating SIP-based VoIP abuse.
Why is FlyNumber a popular choice for virtual phone numbers in Israel?
FlyNumber is a popular choice in Israel due to our competitive pricing, flexibility, and transparency. We offer detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, and you're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents. We have no hidden fees, no contracts, and you can cancel anytime. You can learn more about us on our blog.
Every Israel Phone Number Comes with Three Core Options
- 1. Route your Israel FlyNumber to any standard phone number
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature that can be updated "on the fly" (pun intended) via your panel
- There's no need for a PBX or phone system with this option
- Whenever our system has to route calls to a standard phone number, a minimal per minute rate applies
- 2. Pair the FlyNumber with our cloud-based PBX
- This is an optional feature. You can always revert to one of the other core options (1. Standard Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- The cost is $14.95 a month, in addition to the price of the Israel phone number (displayed at the top of the page)
- If you route to a standard phone number and/or make outgoing calls, a per minute rate is applicable
- Features include IVR/Voice Menu, Call Recording, On-Hold/Queue, Time-based routing, SIP Accounts, Voicemail, and more
- The PBX significantly enhances the core features (1. and 3.)
- You can use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- 3. Directly link the Israel virtual phone number to VoIP
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature - link the Israel phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- No PBX involved | Instantly update settings | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocol (VoIP) may be the most efficient way to handle calls, as it involves the least number of "hops"
- Your Israel FlyNumber is compatible with 3CX, Asterisk, FreePBX, FreeSwitch, and other VoIP solutions
- There are no extra charges for receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Link your Israel DID phone number to one of our "easy setup" voip providers
- Each FlyNumber includes 2 incoming channels (with the option to purchase more in the near future)
Forum topics on Israel
Recent Blog Posts
Israel Phone Number Porting
- Transferring your service to FlyNumber is a straightforward process. You have the option to port your existing Israeli local, national, or mobile numbers to us, or alternatively, you can register for a new number. The porting process is typically completed within 7-14 days. Here are the necessary steps:
- Prepare the necessary documents:
- You'll need a copy of your most recent invoice from your current provider, which includes your account number. Ideally from the original underlying carrier.
- Complete the LOA:
- FlyNumber will provide a Letter of Authorization (LOA) form, which authorizes us to port your number. Please ensure to fill it out completely.
- Designate a contact person:
- Provide the name, surname, and phone number of a designated contact person for the duration of the porting process. This enables us to keep you informed and swiftly address any potential issues.
- To initiate the process, please order a FlyNumber in the Israeli city where you intend to port a number. If your preferred city is unavailable, select the closest available city. Rest assured, the number will be replaced as necessary.
- If you have any inquiries or require assistance with this process, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are committed to ensuring a smooth transition for you. Welcome to FlyNumber!
Technical info on Israeli phone numbers
- Country code: +972
- Area codes:
- Landline phone numbers in Israel are assigned geographic area codes, also known as STD (Subscriber Trunk Dialing) codes. The area codes can have one or two digits. Some of the major area codes in Israel include:
- 2: Jerusalem
- 3: Tel Aviv, Giv'atayim, Ramat Gan, and the surrounding area
- 4: Haifa and the surrounding area
- 8: Ashdod, Beersheba, and the surrounding area
- 9: Netanya, Herzliya, and the surrounding area
- Landline numbers:
- Landline phone numbers typically have 7 digits. When dialing a landline number within Israel, you'll need to use the area code followed by the 7-digit number (e.g., 02-1234567 for a Jerusalem landline).
- Mobile phone numbers:
- Mobile phone numbers in Israel have a 3-digit prefix followed by a 7-digit subscriber number. Some of the commonly used mobile prefixes are:
- 050: Pelephone
- 052: Cellcom
- 053: Hot Mobile
- 054: Partner (formerly Orange)
- 055: Golan Telecom, Rami Levy Communications, 019 Mobile
- When dialing a mobile number within Israel, use the prefix followed by the 7-digit number (e.g., 050-1234567).
- International dialing format:
- To dial an Israeli phone number from abroad, use the following format:
- International access code (varies depending on the country you are dialing from, e.g., 00 or 011) + 972 (Israel's country code) + area code/mobile prefix without the leading zero + the 7-digit phone number
- For example, if you're calling a landline number in Jerusalem (area code 2) from the United States, you would dial 011 972 2 1234567. For a mobile number (e.g., with a prefix of 050), you would dial 011 972 50 1234567.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech-savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Israel phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
- Easily add multiple phone numbers to your account
- Starting at $2.95 a month for U.S numbers as well as Canada, the U.K. and others
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method.