Local Thailand Phone Numbers
Prefixes in Bangkok and Chon Buri among others - $11.95 per month
- Our Thailand mobile 66-9 numbers support SMS - $12.95
- Unlimited incoming minutes when use VoIP
- We cover about 5 different local Thai prefixes
- Forward the Thai calls to any standard phone line in the world
- Local Thai phone number for personal or business use
- State of the art phone system to use with your Thai phone number
- Great for business | Menus | Call-Recording | Extensions and more
Special Registration Requirements for Thailand
- If you're looking to establish a foothold in Thailand, obtaining a virtual phone number is a critical step. At FlyNumber, we adhere to the regulations put forth by the Thai government entity responsible for phone numbers, ensuring a smooth registration process.
- Here's a breakdown of what's needed for the registration process:
- For Local, National, Toll-Free, and Mobile Virtual Phone Numbers:
- 1. Your name, business name, and contact phone numbers.
- 2. A copy of your passport or ID. If it's for a company, please provide the company registration certificate instead.
- 3. Any global address.
- 4. A recent utility bill (no older than 6 months) as proof of address.
- 5. A detailed explanation of how you plan to use the virtual phone number.
- If you're registering under a company's name: Make sure to include the company registration certificate and a copy of a passport or ID.
- Once we have all the required information, the processing time is typically 1-2 business days. Once approved, future orders will be processed almost instantly.
Thailand Phone Number / VoIP FAQ's
What is a Thai virtual phone number, and how can I use it?
A Thai virtual phone number is a specialized telephone number that carries the Thai dialing code. It allows you to receive calls from anywhere in the world while maintaining a local presence in Thailand. For detailed guidance on how to set up making and receiving calls with your virtual number, you can refer to our informative blog post.
How can I receive unlimited incoming calls on my Thai virtual number using VoIP/SIP?
With FlyNumber, you can forward your Thai virtual number to various devices using VoIP/SIP, allowing for unlimited incoming calls. This flexible communication solution is explained in our blog post on receiving unlimited incoming calls.
Can I record calls with my Thai virtual phone number?
Yes, FlyNumber's cloud phone system offers call recording for your Thai virtual number. This feature can be essential for quality assurance or legal compliance. Always consult Thai regulations regarding call recording.
What are the advantages of using a Thai virtual phone number for my business?
Choosing a Thai virtual phone number offers numerous benefits, such as local credibility, cost efficiency, and access to advanced communication tools. FlyNumber provides features like call redirection, scheduled routing, and SIP connectivity to enhance your Thai operations.
How can I manage incoming calls according to my business hours in Thailand?
With FlyNumber's cloud phone system, you can utilize time-based routing to align incoming call handling with your Thai business schedule. Redirect calls to voicemail after hours or specific team members on weekends for optimal control.
Is it possible to customize the caller ID for incoming calls to my Thai virtual number?
Yes, FlyNumber's cloud PBX enables you to modify the caller-ID for phones receiving FlyNumber calls. This feature helps you recognize the origin of different calls, improving call management in Thailand.
What differentiates Thai local, national, and mobile virtual numbers?
Thai local numbers are tied to specific regions, while national numbers cover the entire country. Mobile numbers offer global reach. FlyNumber's diverse options cater to your individual or business needs in Thailand.
How can I set up an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system with my Thai virtual phone number?
With FlyNumber's cloud PBX, you can create an IVR system, or call menu, for your Thai virtual number. This feature allows callers to interact with your phone system using their keypad, directing them to various destinations based on their choices. It's an efficient way to manage incoming calls and provide information to callers in Thailand.
Every Thailand Phone Number Comes with Three Core Options
- 1. Route your Thailand FlyNumber to any standard phone number
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature that can be updated "on the fly" (pun intended) via your panel
- There's no need for a PBX or phone system with this option
- Whenever our system has to route calls to a standard phone number, a minimal per minute rate applies
- 2. Pair the FlyNumber with our cloud-based PBX
- This is an optional feature. You can always revert to one of the other core options (1. Standard Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- The cost is $14.95 a month, in addition to the price of the Thailand phone number (displayed at the top of the page)
- If you route to a standard phone number and/or make outgoing calls, a per minute rate is applicable
- Features include IVR/Voice Menu, Call Recording, On-Hold/Queue, Time-based routing, SIP Accounts, Voicemail, and more
- The PBX significantly enhances the core features (1. and 3.)
- You can use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- 3. Directly link the Thailand virtual phone number to VoIP
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature - link the Thailand phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- No PBX involved | Instantly update settings | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocol (VoIP) may be the most efficient way to handle calls, as it involves the least number of "hops"
- Your Thailand FlyNumber is compatible with 3CX, Asterisk, FreePBX, FreeSwitch, and other VoIP solutions
- There are no extra charges for receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Link your Thailand DID phone number to one of our "easy setup" voip providers
- Each FlyNumber includes 2 incoming channels (with the option to purchase more in the near future)
Forum topics on Thailand
Recent Blog Posts
Technical info on Thailand phone numbers
- Thailand phone numbers are regulated by the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC).
- Country code:
- The country code for Thailand is +66. To dial a Thai phone number from outside the country, you would need to use this code before the area code and local number.
- Trunk prefix:
- The trunk prefix in Thailand is '0'. It is used when making domestic long-distance calls within the country.
- Area codes:
- Area codes in Thailand are generally one to three digits long, followed by the local phone number. The length of the area code is inversely proportional to the size of the city or province it serves, meaning larger cities have shorter area codes. Some examples of area codes in Thailand include:
- Bangkok: 2
- Chiang Mai: 52
- Phuket: 76
- Pattaya (Chonburi): 38
- Local phone numbers:
- Local phone numbers in Thailand typically have six or seven digits. When combined with the area code, the entire phone number (excluding country code and trunk prefix) usually has nine or ten digits.
- Mobile numbers:
- Mobile numbers in Thailand usually begin with an '8' or '9' and are followed by a series of digits. Mobile numbers have nine digits, excluding the country code and trunk prefix. Some mobile operators and their prefixes are:
- AIS: 81, 89, 91
- DTAC: 84, 94, 96
- TrueMove H: 86, 92, 98
- Special numbers and services: *Contact us directly for emergency service capability on your Thai FlyNumber, additional fee's apply.
- Emergency (Police): 191
- Fire: 199
- Ambulance and rescue: 1669
- Tourist Police: 1155
- International dialing:
- To make an international call from Thailand (not when using a FlyNumber), dial the international access code '001' followed by the destination country code, area code (if any), and the local phone number.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech-savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Thailand phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
- Easily add multiple phone numbers to your account
- Starting at $2.95 a month for U.S numbers as well as Canada, the U.K. and others
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method.