Local Uruguay Phone Numbers
Use VoIP with a Uruguay virtual phone number among other options
- You can use any combination of software and/or devices with your local Uruguay phone number
- Core FlyNumber feature and can be updated via your panel on the "fly" (pun intended)
- No PBX or phone system involved when using this option
- Anytime our system needs to send calls to a regular phone number, there is a low per min rate
- This is optional. You can always go back to one of the other core options other (1. Regular Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- It's $14.95 a month + the price of the Uruguay phone number (shown top of page)
- If you forward to a reg. phone number and/or make outgoing calls - a per min rate applies
- IVR/Voice Menu | Record Calls | On-Hold/Queue | Time-based routing | SIP Accounts | Voicemail and more
- Within the PBX, core features (1. and 3.) are expanded to a great degree
- Use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- More info on our cloud phone system
- Core FlyNumber feature - set the Uruguay phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- PBX not involved | Update settings instantly | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocal (VoIP) might be the most effecnent way of answering calls, it would involve the fewset amount of "hops"
- Your Uruguay FlyNumber can be used with 3CX | Asterisk | FreePBX | FreeSwitch among other VoIP solution
- There are no additional charges when receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Every FlyNumber comes with 2 incoming channels (with the ability to purchase more soon)
1. Forward the Uruguay FlyNumber to any regular phone number
2. Use the FlyNumber with our hosted pbx-phone system
3. Set the Uruguay virtual phone number directly to VoIP
Buy a Uruguay virtual phone number in 3 easy steps
The history behind Uruguayan phone numbers
Uruguay's phone numbering plan has evolved over time as the country's telecommunications infrastructure has developed. Here is a brief history of the Uruguay phone numbers:
In the early days of telephony, Uruguay used a simple four-digit numbering system. The first three digits identified the central office or exchange, while the final digit identified the specific phone line. For example, a phone number might be listed as 1234, where 123 is the exchange and 4 is the specific line.
In the 1960s, Uruguay expanded its phone numbering plan to accommodate growing demand. The country introduced a seven-digit system, with the first two digits representing the area code and the remaining five digits representing the specific phone number. For example, a phone number might be listed as 2-1234567, where 2 is the area code for Montevideo and 1234567 is the specific phone number.
In the 1990s, Uruguay underwent further changes to its phone numbering plan in order to modernize its telecommunications infrastructure. The country adopted an eight-digit numbering system, with the first two digits representing the area code and the remaining six digits representing the specific phone number. For example, a phone number might be listed as 2-21234567, where 2 is the area code for Montevideo and 21234567 is the specific phone number.
Today, Uruguay's phone numbering plan remains an eight-digit system. The country is divided into different area codes, each of which represents a specific geographic region. For example, Montevideo has the area code 2, while other regions have different area codes. Within each area code, phone numbers are assigned randomly.
Technical info on Uruguay phone numbers
Uruguay phone numbers consist of eight digits, with the first digit indicating the type of service provided. The number "2" is used for landline phones, while "9" is used for mobile phones. The remaining seven digits are unique to each phone number. To make an international call to Uruguay, one must dial the country code "+598" before the eight-digit phone number. Additionally, it is important to note that local calls within Uruguay do not require the use of an area code.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Uruguay phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method. This does not include Toll-free , NYC 212/718 or Toronto 416.