Local Austria Phone Numbers
Local Vienna and Salzburg phone numbers among others - $2.95 per month*
- Vienna | Salzburg | Linz | Graz | Innsbruck | Klagenfurt | National prefix 43-720
- Use any device or software with your Austrian number
- Forward the calls to a regular phone number or VoIP | Unlimited incoming via VoIP
- Use the number as your outgoing Austrian Caller-ID
- Vienna | Salzburg | Linz | Graz | Innsbruck | Klagenfurt
- Our phone system can manage the menus, number-based routing, voicemail etc.
- SMS services are not available for Austria
Special Registration Requirements for Austria
When registering for a phone number in Austria, there are some special requirements that you need to fulfill.
- Personal or Business Information:
- Whether you're an individual or a business, you'll need to provide your full name, contact phone numbers, and current address. If you're applying under a business name, make sure to provide the official name of your company, the main contact phone numbers, and your official business address.
- Local Address in Austria:
- Regardless of where you're currently located, you'll need to provide a local address in Austria. This could be a residential address, a business address, or any other legitimate address in Austria.
Please note that these requirements are subject to change and it's important to check for updates regularly. We're here to help you navigate these requirements, so don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Austria Phone Number / VoIP FAQ's
What is the cost of an Austrian virtual phone number?
Our Austrian virtual phone numbers are available for $2.95 USD per month. This allows you to establish a local presence in Austria, regardless of your physical location.
How can I purchase an Austrian virtual phone number?
To purchase an Austrian virtual phone number, you need to follow three steps. First, choose Austria as your desired location. Second, decide how you would like to use the FlyNumber (forward to phone number, VoIP, easy setup providers, or our cloud PBX). Lastly, configure your options.
Can I use the FlyNumber to make outgoing calls with my Austrian virtual phone number?
Yes, with our optional cloud PBX, you can use your Austrian virtual phone number to make outgoing calls. This can be particularly useful for businesses that want to present a local Austrian number to their customers, regardless of where the call is actually being made from.
What is time-based routing and how can I use it with my Austrian FlyNumber?
Time-based routing is a feature that allows you to route calls based on the time of day. For example, you could send calls to voicemail after hours or route calls to a different person on weekends. This feature can be used with your Austrian FlyNumber to manage incoming calls according to your business hours in Austria. You can learn more about this feature in our article on customizing incoming caller ID for effective call management.
Can I set up a call menu with my Austrian FlyNumber?
Yes, you can set up a call menu with your Austrian FlyNumber. The call menu, also known as an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system, allows callers to interact with your phone system via the telephone keypad. Callers can be directed to various destinations based on their keypress choices. This feature is part of our virtual PBX.
What is SIP forwarding and how can I use it with my Austrian FlyNumber?
SIP forwarding allows you to set your Austrian FlyNumber to any SIP (URI/host). This means you can use one of our "easy setup" VoIP providers to send calls to. There are no additional charges when receiving calls this way - it's included in the $2.95 fee and offers unlimited incoming minutes. You can learn more about SIP forwarding in our article on entrepreneurs and the SIP protocol.
Can I forward my Austrian FlyNumber calls to any mobile or landline in the world?
Yes, one of the core features of our service is that you can forward your Austrian FlyNumber calls to any mobile or landline in the world. You can change the phone number where you want to send the calls to via the FlyNumber panel at any time. For more details, you can visit our call forwarding page.
What do I need to register for an Austrian virtual phone number?
To register for an Austrian virtual phone number, you'll need to provide a Photo ID or a Company registration document. The Austrian phone number can be registered under ANY address in the world. This ensures our service is accessible to individuals and businesses globally.
Can I port my current Austrian number to FlyNumber?
Yes, you can port your current Austrian number to FlyNumber. This means you can keep your existing number while enjoying the benefits of our services. The process is straightforward and our team will guide you through it.
Are Austrian virtual phone numbers secure?
Yes, Austrian virtual phone numbers are secure. However, as with any technology, it's important to use them responsibly. To further enhance security, we offer optional encryption for a one-time fee. This helps protect against SIP-based VoIP abuse. For more information, you can read our article on understanding and combating SIP-based VoIP abuse.
Every Austria Phone Number Comes with Three Core Options
- 1. Route your Austria FlyNumber to any standard phone number
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature that can be updated "on the fly" (pun intended) via your panel
- There's no need for a PBX or phone system with this option
- Whenever our system has to route calls to a standard phone number, a minimal per minute rate applies
- 2. Pair the FlyNumber with our cloud-based PBX
- This is an optional feature. You can always revert to one of the other core options (1. Standard Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- The cost is $14.95 a month, in addition to the price of the Austria phone number (displayed at the top of the page)
- If you route to a standard phone number and/or make outgoing calls, a per minute rate is applicable
- Features include IVR/Voice Menu, Call Recording, On-Hold/Queue, Time-based routing, SIP Accounts, Voicemail, and more
- The PBX significantly enhances the core features (1. and 3.)
- You can use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- 3. Directly link the Austria virtual phone number to VoIP
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature - link the Austria phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- No PBX involved | Instantly update settings | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocol (VoIP) may be the most efficient way to handle calls, as it involves the least number of "hops"
- Your Austria FlyNumber is compatible with 3CX, Asterisk, FreePBX, FreeSwitch, and other VoIP solutions
- There are no extra charges for receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Link your Austria DID phone number to one of our "easy setup" voip providers
- Each FlyNumber includes 2 incoming channels (with the option to purchase more in the near future)
Forum topics on Austria
Recent Blog Posts
Austria Phone Number Porting
- Switching your service to FlyNumber is a seamless process. You have the option to port your existing Austrian phone numbers to us, or if you prefer, you can sign up for a new number instead. If you choose to port your number, the process is typically completed within 14-30 days and involves the following steps:
- Prepare the necessary documents:
- You'll need a copy of your latest invoice from your current provider, which should include your account number.
- Have your company stamp ready:
- You'll need to put this on the Letter of Authorization (LOA).
- Fill in the LOA:
- We'll provide you with a form that authorizes us to port your number. Remember to add your company stamp to make it official.
- Provide us with a contact:
- Let us know the name, surname, and phone number of the person we can contact during the porting process. This will help us to keep you updated and handle any issues promptly.
- The porting process usually takes between 14 to 30 days. We understand that's your business line we're talking about - we'll do our best to make it quick and keep disruptions to a minimum.
- To start the process, order a FlyNumber in the Austrian city where you want to port in a number. If that city is not available, choose the next closest city. We'll replace the number anyway, so it's no big deal.
- Have any questions or need assistance with this process? Don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help make this transition seamless for you. Welcome to FlyNumber!
Technical info on Austrian phone numbers
- Country code: The international country code for Austria is +43. This code is used when dialing a phone number from another country.
- Area codes: Austrian area codes are generally 1 to 4 digits long, depending on the region. They are used to identify a specific geographic area within the country. For example, the area code for Vienna is '1', while the area code for Salzburg is '662'. When dialing from within Austria, the initial "0" must be included before the area code (e.g., 01 for Vienna or 0662 for Salzburg).
- Local numbers: Local numbers in Austria typically have between 3 and 7 digits, depending on the area code and the size of the region. In larger cities, such as Vienna, the local numbers can be shorter, while in smaller regions, the local numbers can be longer.
- Dialing format: When dialing an Austrian phone number from within the country, you should follow this format: 0 + area code + local number. When dialing from outside Austria, you should use the format: +43 + area code (without the initial "0") + local number. For example, to call a number in Vienna from the United States, you would dial +43 1 xxx xxxx.
- Mobile phone numbers: Mobile phone numbers in Austria usually start with '6' followed by a carrier-specific code (e.g., '660', '664', '676', or '699'). Mobile numbers typically have a total of 10 digits, including the area code. To call a mobile number from abroad, use the same dialing format as for landlines, but replace the area code with the mobile code.
- Special numbers: Austria has special service numbers for various purposes, such as emergency services, directory assistance, or toll-free numbers. Some examples include:
- Toll-free numbers: 0800 xxxxxx (the number of digits after the prefix may vary)
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech-savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Austria phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
- Easily add multiple phone numbers to your account
- Starting at $2.95 a month for U.S numbers as well as Canada, the U.K. and others
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method.