Local Bulgaria Phone Numbers
Prefixes in Sofia and Plovdiva among others - $2.95 per month*
- Choose from around 6 unique Bulgarian prefixes.
- For just $2.95 per month*, receive unlimited incoming calls via VoIP.
- Forward your Bulgaria virtual number to any standard phone number in the world
- Our numbers can be fully integrated with VoIP apps on your smartphone
- Give your business a boost with our optional cloud-based PBX system, designed for effective call management.
- This system includes features such as call menus, multiple forwarding destinations, SIP account creation, time-based and phone number based routing, and more.
- Please note, our Bulgarian numbers do not currently support SMS.
- Enjoy the convenience of number portability, as we offer complimentary porting of your existing number.
Special Registration Requirements for Bulgaria
- Establishing a local presence in Bulgaria via a FlyNumber virtual phone number is a significant move for any individual or business. These requirements are usually set by the local government entity that provides phone numbers to the public. At FlyNumber, we aim to make the registration process as simple and efficient as possible for you.
- For the registration process in Bulgaria, here's what you'll need:
- Name or Company's Name: If you're an individual, we'll need your full name. For those registering as a company, please provide the official name of your company as it's registered in your country of origin.
- Company Representative's Name: If you're registering as a company, we'll need the name of the person authorized to act on behalf of your company.
- Contact Phone Numbers: We'll need your personal contact phone number or, for companies, both the main business phone number and the direct contact number of your company's representative.
- Passport or ID copy: We require a copy of your passport or ID. If you're registering as a company, please provide a copy of your company's registration certificate instead.
- Address in Bulgaria: For the registration process, you need to provide a local address in the same city as the FlyNumber virtual phone number you're ordering.
- Bulgaria Toll-Free:
- You'll need to provide your name (or company's name), contact phone numbers, and a worldwide address.
- Once we receive all the necessary information, we typically process your order within 1-2 business days. Any subsequent orders will be processed much faster once your first order has been approved.
Bulgaria Phone Number / VoIP FAQ's
What is a Bulgarian virtual phone number?
A Bulgarian virtual phone number is a telephone number that, while associated with the Bulgarian dialing code, can be used to receive calls anywhere in the world. These numbers are programmed to forward incoming calls to one of the pre-set telephone numbers chosen by the client, such as your office or mobile phone, regardless of your location. This service is particularly useful for businesses and individuals who want to establish a local presence in Bulgaria without physically being there.
How can I record calls with my Bulgarian virtual phone number?
With our cloud phone system, you can utilize the Call Recorder module to record calls, including those made via SIP Account and External Line contact methods. The recorded calls can be sent to a specified email address, a file server, or a third-party cloud account. This feature can be very useful for businesses for quality control or legal purposes. For more insights on the benefits of virtual phone numbers, you can check out our blog post on why more entrepreneurs should be using SIP.
Can I set up an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system with my Bulgarian virtual phone number?
Yes, our cloud PBX allows you to set up an IVR system, also known as a call menu. This system allows callers to interact with your phone system via the telephone keypad, directing them to various destinations based on their keypress choices. To understand how our aesthetically pleasing PBX grid makes configuring your call flow effortless and fun, you can read our blog post.
How can I manage my business hours with my Bulgarian virtual phone number?
Our cloud phone system includes a feature called time-based routing. This allows you to route calls based on the time of day, so you could send calls to voicemail after hours or route calls to a different person on weekends. This can be particularly useful for managing incoming calls according to your business hours in Bulgaria.
How can I ensure the security of my VoIP calls with a Bulgarian virtual phone number?
VoIP security is a crucial aspect to consider when using virtual phone numbers. There are several strategies to secure your VoIP calls, including using strong passwords, encrypting calls, and regularly updating your software. For a more detailed discussion on VoIP security, you can read our blog post on Understanding and Combating SIP-based VoIP Abuse.
What are the benefits of using a Bulgarian virtual phone number for my business?
Using a Bulgarian virtual phone number can offer a multitude of advantages for businesses, particularly those with a customer base in Bulgaria. It enables your business to establish a local presence, which can enhance customer trust and engagement. Additionally, our cloud phone system provides a range of features that allow you to manage your calls more effectively. For more insights on the benefits of virtual phone numbers, you can check out our blog post on Why Aren't More Entrepreneurs Using SIP?.
How can I customize the incoming caller ID for effective call management with my Bulgarian virtual phone number?
One of the standout features of our cloud phone system is the ability to edit the caller-ID for the phone receiving the FlyNumber calls. This comes in handy when you need to distinguish between calls coming in from different phone numbers. For more information on this feature, you can read our blog post on Understanding the Call Logs and Possible Responses.
What are the differences between Bulgarian local, national, and mobile numbers?
Bulgarian local numbers are associated with specific geographic areas such as Sofia, Plovdiv, and Varna. When setting up a local Bulgaria virtual phone number, a physical address in the same area where you're setting up your FlyNumber is required.
National Bulgaria numbers are not tied to a specific geographic area and can be used anywhere within Bulgaria. A physical address anywhere in Bulgaria is required when setting up a national Bulgaria number.
Bulgarian mobile numbers are not tied to a specific geographic area and can be used anywhere in the world. When setting up a mobile Bulgaria number, a copy of your passport or ID, your address (which can be anywhere in the world), and a proof of address form (which can be a copy of a utility bill no older than 6 months) are required.
What happens if my Bulgarian virtual phone number goes missing?
If you find that your Bulgarian virtual phone number is not functioning as expected, it's possible that it may have gone missing due to a variety of reasons such as technical issues or account-related problems. It's important to contact our support team as soon as possible to resolve the issue. For a more detailed understanding of this situation and how to get your phone number back, you can read our blog post on recovering missing phone numbers.
Every Bulgaria Phone Number Comes with Three Core Options
- 1. Route your Bulgaria FlyNumber to any standard phone number
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature that can be updated "on the fly" (pun intended) via your panel
- There's no need for a PBX or phone system with this option
- Whenever our system has to route calls to a standard phone number, a minimal per minute rate applies
- 2. Pair the FlyNumber with our cloud-based PBX
- This is an optional feature. You can always revert to one of the other core options (1. Standard Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- The cost is $14.95 a month, in addition to the price of the Bulgaria phone number (displayed at the top of the page)
- If you route to a standard phone number and/or make outgoing calls, a per minute rate is applicable
- Features include IVR/Voice Menu, Call Recording, On-Hold/Queue, Time-based routing, SIP Accounts, Voicemail, and more
- The PBX significantly enhances the core features (1. and 3.)
- You can use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- 3. Directly link the Bulgaria virtual phone number to VoIP
- This is a fundamental FlyNumber feature - link the Bulgaria phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- No PBX involved | Instantly update settings | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocol (VoIP) may be the most efficient way to handle calls, as it involves the least number of "hops"
- Your Bulgaria FlyNumber is compatible with 3CX, Asterisk, FreePBX, FreeSwitch, and other VoIP solutions
- There are no extra charges for receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Link your Bulgaria DID phone number to one of our "easy setup" voip providers
- Each FlyNumber includes 2 incoming channels (with the option to purchase more in the near future)
Forum topics on Bulgaria
Recent Blog Posts
Technical info on Bulgarian phone numbers
- Country Code:
- Bulgaria's country code is 359. To call a Bulgarian phone number from outside the country, you need to dial your country's international access code (e.g., 011 for the United States) followed by the country code, and then the local number.
- Area Codes:
- Bulgarian area codes are 1 to 2 digits long and represent different regions within the country. Larger cities like Sofia have shorter area codes, while smaller cities and towns have longer area codes. Here are some examples:
- Sofia: 2
- Plovdiv: 32
- Varna: 52
- Burgas: 56
- Local Numbers:
- Local phone numbers in Bulgaria are typically 6 to 7 digits long, excluding the area code. The total number of digits in a Bulgarian phone number, including the area code, is 9. When calling from within Bulgaria, you need to dial the area code followed by the local number.
- Mobile Numbers:
- Mobile numbers in Bulgaria are 9 digits long and start with specific prefixes which can range from 87 to 89. Some mobile operators and their corresponding prefixes are:
- A1 (formerly Mtel): 87, 88, and 98
- Telenor: 89
- Vivacom: 87
- Special Numbers:
- *Contact us directly for emergency service capability on your Bulgarian FlyNumber, additional fee's apply.
- Emergency Services:
- 112 (for Police, Fire, and Ambulance)
- Toll-free Numbers:
- Start with 0800, followed by a 5-digit number.
- Please note that when dialing Bulgarian phone numbers from abroad, you should omit any leading '0' in the area code or mobile prefix.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech-savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Bulgaria phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
- Easily add multiple phone numbers to your account
- Starting at $2.95 a month for U.S numbers as well as Canada, the U.K. and others
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method.