Local Malta Phone Numbers
Currently local 356-20 National numbers - $4.95 per month*
- Establish a local presence in Malta with a dedicated virtual number, perfect for businesses and individuals alike.
- Use your Maltese phone number to make and receive calls with any device.
- Answer calls with VoIP and it's unlimited incoming minutes.
- Seamlessly redirect incoming calls to any phone or VoIP device worldwide, ensuring you never miss an important call.
- Benefit from crystal-clear call quality and a reliable, high-performance network that ensures your Malta virtual phone number always delivers.
- Special Registration Requirement:
- Photo Identification or a company certificate
- Proof of address in Malta matching one of the above
Use VoIP with a Malta virtual phone number among other options
- You can use any combination of software and/or devices with your local Malta phone number
- Core FlyNumber feature and can be updated via your panel on the "fly" (pun intended)
- No PBX or phone system involved when using this option
- Anytime our system needs to send calls to a regular phone number, there is a low per min rate
- This is optional. You can always go back to one of the other core options other (1. Regular Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- It's $14.95 a month + the price of the Malta phone number (shown top of page)
- If you forward to a reg. phone number and/or make outgoing calls - a per min rate applies
- IVR/Voice Menu | Record Calls | On-Hold/Queue | Time-based routing | SIP Accounts | Voicemail and more
- Within the PBX, core features (1. and 3.) are expanded to a great degree
- Use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- More info on our cloud phone system
- Core FlyNumber feature - set the Malta phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- PBX not involved | Update settings instantly | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocal (VoIP) might be the most effecnent way of answering calls, it would involve the fewset amount of "hops"
- Your Malta FlyNumber can be used with 3CX | Asterisk | FreePBX | FreeSwitch among other VoIP solution
- There are no additional charges when receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Every FlyNumber comes with 2 incoming channels (with the ability to purchase more soon)
1. Forward the Malta FlyNumber to any regular phone number
2. Use the FlyNumber with our hosted pbx-phone system
3. Set the Malta virtual phone number directly to VoIP
Buy a Malta virtual phone number in 3 easy steps
The history behind Malta phone numbers
The history of Malta phone numbers dates back to the early 20th century when the first telephone exchange was established on the island. Initially, the phone numbers were assigned based on geographical areas, with each exchange serving a specific region.
In the 1960s, Malta adopted the international dialing code system, which meant that telephone numbers had to be expanded to include the country code (+356). The phone numbers were also reorganized to have a standard format, with a two-digit area code followed by a six-digit subscriber number.
Over the years, the demand for telephone services increased, leading to the introduction of new area codes and the expansion of the subscriber number ranges. In the early 2000s, Malta introduced mobile phone services, which resulted in the allocation of new mobile phone number ranges.
Technical info on Malta phone numbers
Malta phone numbers follow a specific format that consists of eight digits. The first digit represents the type of service, whether it is a fixed line, mobile, or a special service like toll-free or premium rate. The second digit indicates the service provider, while the remaining six digits make up the individual phone number. The country code for Malta is +356, which is required for international calls.
Mobile phone numbers in Malta often start with a 7, 9 or 99. Landline numbers typically begin with 2, 3, 21, 22, or 23. In recent years, Malta has also introduced a range of new phone numbers such as the 800-prefix for toll-free calls and the 70-prefix for personal numbers.Malta's phone numbering plan is managed by the Malta Communications Authority (MCA), which regulates the allocation and use of phone numbers in the country.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Malta phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method. This does not include Toll-free , NYC 212/718 or Toronto 416.