Local Costa Rica Phone Numbers
Use VoIP with a Costa Rica virtual phone number among other options
- You can use any combination of software and/or devices with your local Costa Rica phone number
- Core FlyNumber feature and can be updated via your panel on the "fly" (pun intended)
- No PBX or phone system involved when using this option
- Anytime our system needs to send calls to a regular phone number, there is a low per min rate
- This is optional. You can always go back to one of the other core options other (1. Regular Phone or 3. Voip/SIP)
- It's $14.95 a month + the price of the Costa Rica phone number (shown top of page)
- If you forward to a reg. phone number and/or make outgoing calls - a per min rate applies
- IVR/Voice Menu | Record Calls | On-Hold/Queue | Time-based routing | SIP Accounts | Voicemail and more
- Within the PBX, core features (1. and 3.) are expanded to a great degree
- Use the PBX to make outgoing calls with your virtual phone number
- More info on our cloud phone system
- Core FlyNumber feature - set the Costa Rica phone number to any SIP address (URI/host)
- PBX not involved | Update settings instantly | Detailed logs (including failed attempts)
- Using the SIP protocal (VoIP) might be the most effecnent way of answering calls, it would involve the fewset amount of "hops"
- Your Costa Rica FlyNumber can be used with 3CX | Asterisk | FreePBX | FreeSwitch among other VoIP solution
- There are no additional charges when receiving calls this way - Unlimited incoming minutes
- Every FlyNumber comes with 2 incoming channels (with the ability to purchase more soon)
1. Forward the Costa Rica FlyNumber to any regular phone number
2. Use the FlyNumber with our hosted pbx-phone system
3. Set the Costa Rica virtual phone number directly to VoIP
Buy a Costa Rica virtual phone number in 3 easy steps
The history behind Costa Rican phone numbers
The history of Costa Rica phone numbers can be traced back to the early 20th century, when the country's first telephone lines were installed. The first telephone exchange was established in San Jose in 1884 by the Costa Rican Telephone Company, which was later acquired by the International Telephone and Telegraph Company (ITT).
In the early days of telephony in Costa Rica, phone numbers consisted of a single digit followed by four or five digits. These numbers were assigned to individual subscribers, and calls were manually routed through the telephone exchange by operators.
As telephony technology evolved, the length of phone numbers in Costa Rica increased to seven digits in the 1960s and to eight digits in the 1990s. In 2008, the country's telecommunications regulator, the Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUTEL), introduced a new dialing plan that added a digit to all phone numbers in the country, making them nine digits long.
Technical info on Costa Rica phone numbers
Costa Rica phone numbers have a unique format that consists of 8 digits, with no area or city codes. The first digit of the phone number indicates the type of service, with numbers starting with 2 representing landlines and those starting with 8 or 9 representing mobile phones. The second digit indicates the geographic area of the service provider.
The remaining digits are assigned to the subscriber's phone number. It's worth noting that when making a call to Costa Rica from abroad, the country code +506 must be dialed before the 8-digit phone number. Costa Rica's telecommunications industry is regulated by the Superintendency of Telecommunications (SUTEL), which oversees the allocation and management of phone numbers in the country.
- Wasn't the internet supposed to make phone calls more affordable?
- FlyNumber works great if you just launched a start-up and you're on a shoestring budget
- Is your business already off the ground but you'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars a month on phone service?
- We come from a "mom and pop" type background, rooted in the international diversity that is NYC. We understand business.
- Buy multiple international local phone numbers and manage them all from your FlyNumber account
Family and friends
- Stay in touch with family and friends by giving them a phone number "local to them"
- For example you have friends or family in the U.S. but now live elsewhere, you can give them a US FlyNumber that forwards directly to your smartphone
- Great for expats that want to stay in touch with friends and family from their hometown
- Give family members who aren't tech savvy an easy way to reach you no matter where you are
- Grandma or Grandpa would love a simple local phone number they can dial that connects them to their loved ones
Why choose FlyNumber?
- You "own" the Costa Rica phone number, you can port out if necessary
- No obligations | Cancel anytime | Never any hidden fee's | No contracts
- You're billed based on the phone number, not users or agents
- Detailed call logs that you can export to CSV, we don't retain the logs past a certain point
- Logs include multiple responses - Ok (connected), declined, timeout, internal server error, request terminated and more
- Set a credit card/Paypal for recurring billing or add funds manually to your prepaid balance
Sign Up Now
Use us if you need multiple local numbers: All the countries we cover
* If you use an app (ie VoIP), it's unlimited incoming using this method. This does not include Toll-free , NYC 212/718 or Toronto 416.